[openssl-users] s_server -www -tls1_3: Firefox/Chrome not working

Klaus Keppler kk at keppler-it.de
Thu Sep 13 07:57:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

thank you for all your responses.

I've just tested with Firefox Nightly 64.0a1, and both s_server and our
own app (using OpenSSL 1.1.1-release) are working fine.

The Firefox website is quite confusing:

> Firefox 61 is already shipping draft-28, which is essentially the same as the final published version (just with a different version number).

(https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2018/08/13/tls-1-3-published-in-firefox-today/)

This is quite confusing, as it sounds better than it actually is.
(so I've just learned that draft-28 is obviously incompatible with RFC8446)

So thank you for your input, will now continue with OpenSSL 1.1.1.
The rest will be only a matter of time. :D

Best regards

   -Klaus