Where to copy custom openssl engine library in openssl 1.1.0

Swamy J-S swamy.j-s at in.abb.com
Thu Apr 25 08:06:53 UTC 2019

Am working in Ubuntu 18.04 with openssl 1.1.0g version. I built a custom openssl engine and now i want to use this engine instead of default openssl engine.

My engine library name is libstoreengine.so and i copied this to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openssl-1.0.0/engines/ path.

When i run my application the it says Store Engine not found. There is path issue here, am i copying the library in right path? I copied my library in /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu still am getting same error.

Please let me know the right path where i have to copy this engine?

Thanks and Regards,
SWAMY J S