Where to copy custom openssl engine library in openssl 1.1.0

Dmitry Belyavsky beldmit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 08:13:54 UTC 2019

Hello,

You should load your engine via config file.

It may look like
=====
openssl_conf = openssl_def

[openssl_def]
engines = engine_section

[engine_section]
storeengine = store_section

[store_section]
engine_id = store
dynamic_path = /usr/local/lib/engines/storeengine.so
========

Your application should load the config file, the way it works is different
for different versions.

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky