Reg: Building Openssl 1.1.1b for Borland

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Apr 26 06:19:25 UTC 2019

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 07:05:01 +0200,
Ande Vishnuvardhan Reddy wrote:
> We would like to build Openssl 1.1.1b with Borland compiler (bcc32 - Embarcadero C++ 7.40). Seems
> support for Borland is removed from 1.1.x .

It was dropped, that's true.  The main reason was lack of docs (or not
being able to find the docs)

> Could you please help in building Openssl 1.1.1b with Borland?
> Please suggest what are the conf files to be added to generate makefile.

It's not just about the conf file, you most probably need a separate
Makefile template too.  For starters, I assume Borland comes with some
kind of make utility...  or do Borland users use something else?
What's its default Makefile name?

Cheers,
Richard ( slowly working out something that is more flexible )

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org