[openssl-users] RNG behavior by default

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Mon Jan 7 22:21:39 UTC 2019

Jakob Bohm via openssl-users wrote in <07f4dea3-1a62-0c8c-76a4-cbe56abc8\
70a at wisemo.com>:
 |On 07/01/2019 22:31, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> Good evening.
 |>
 |> Jakob Bohm via openssl-users wrote in <95bceb59-b299-015a-f9c2-e2487a699\
 |> 8ad at wisemo.com>:
 |>|Small corrections below:
 |
 |Note that I do not represent the project at all, I am just another user
 |trying to help you.

Surprise!  Indeed i do see your name only once in the commits!
So now, what to do?  What is due?  Congratulations, or even an
excuse?  I had a very false impression indeed.  Excuse this miss
of mine, please.

 |As such, I cannot really respond to your criticism of other project
 |aspects, some of which I myself don't like either, while others are
 |obvious to me as someone who has more or less followed along since this
 |was a two-man Australian project.

Then you lead me by more than a decade in respect to "following"
the project.  (I only saw, otherwise offline, the headers and
libraries fly by.)  (And in my granted lengthy text i thought
about changing my ARC4 thing to ChaCha, and not feed the bytes of
the pool as such, but run a Blake2 digest on top of it, and feed
the output of that.  For now, however, this ARC4 PRNG, and then
also well seeded, is really good enough for my purpose(s).)

--steffen