[openssl-users] is there an API to list all the TLS 1.3 cipher suite names?

Sam Roberts vieuxtech at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 22:23:27 UTC 2019

node.js has an API that lists all the cipher suite names that can be
validly passed to set_cipher_list(), but I don't see how to get them
for TLS1.3 to list the valid inputs to set_cipher_suites().

The openssl ciphers CLI doesn't seem able to do this either.

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list.html
lists the 1.3 suites, there aren't many, so I could just hard-code
them into our API, but that's pretty fragile, I assume there will be a
few more, eventually.

Or, I guess I could just link to the openssl man page online for
TLS1.3, and tell people that
file:///home/sam/w/core/node/out/doc/api/crypto.html#crypto_crypto_getciphers
only works for TLS1.2 and below.

Cheers,
Sam