[openssl-users] in the department of "ain't no perfect"

Eliot Lear lear at ofcourseimright.com
Tue Jan 15 15:29:04 UTC 2019

I realize things haven't been made easy to do this on purpose, and that
there's even a comment in one of the man pages to that effect, but here
goes...

I have an application that requires long-lived signatures, perhaps long
past the point where the signer's cert has expired.  I'd like a way to
extract the signature date from a CMS structure.  With all the opaque
structs that have been introduced in the last few releases, it's not
clear to me how to do that.  Any examples or guidance (other than don't
do that)?

TIA

Eliot