query regarding openssl and FIPS

manju prasad manjuprasadgm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 03:44:13 UTC 2019

Hi

I have two queries. I am new to FIPS validation.

The first query is
1. We have a system which is using Arm Cortex-A9 on ThreadX.
If I cross compile FIPS module 2.0.16 for Threadx ( Arm Cortex-A9 ) and use
openssl 1.0.2s. Can we claim that our product is FIPS compliant ?

The second query is
2. One of our client wants to use FIPS module 2.0.5 on a system which is
using Arm Cortex-A9 on VxWorks 6.9. If I cross compile FIPS module 2.0.5
for VxWorks 6.9 ( Arm Cortex-A9 ) and use openssl 1.0.2s. Can we claim that
our product is FIPS compliant ?

Regards
Manju