How to do a clean uninstall of openssl source?

Karan sapoliakaran at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 09:24:20 UTC 2019

I installed openssl from source following the guidelines in
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/INSTALL .
Now I need to remove this source installed version and use the
openssl-devel package instead, provided by my distro, Fedora.

How do I do a clean uninstall, such that even the headers of the source
installation are completely removed and do not interfere with the package I
will install next?

I am facing this issue wherein the headers are pointing to the source
version of openssl and I am unable to use softwares that depend on the
package version. (Reference:
https://github.com/mozilla/fxa/issues/1569#issuecomment-507651523 ) Help.