Errors building 1.1.1 on RHEL 7

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Fri Jul 19 02:58:42 UTC 2019

> On Jul 18, 2019, at 3:13 PM, Mark Richter <mrichter at solarflare.com> wrote:
>
> 2. Not at all clear on what the "_OPT" part means - do I need to change my source code to use this for accessors or ???

Just try it and see.  The "_OPT" in the symbol version is internally
generated from "-opt" in the shlib_variant SONAME.  To support multiple
shlib_variants now or in the future, add the major.minor (ABI version)
to the variant tag:

	shlib_variant => "-opt1.1"
	shlib_variant => "-opt1.2"
	shlib_variant => "-somevendor-3.0"

The non-alnum characters in the shlib_variant map to "_" in
the symbol version, and the letters are mapped to upper case
(IIRC).

--
	Viktor.