valgrind complaining about s_client (maybe assembler code?)

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Mon Nov 11 16:50:32 UTC 2019

Have you reviewed past discussions about valgrind and OpenSSL?

https://duckduckgo.com/html?q=site%3Amta.openssl.org%20openssl-users%20valgrind

In general, memory-use checkers such as valgrind's memcheck are going to be suspicious of some aspects of OpenSSL, which makes some assumptions about memory that it knows are suitable, but which cannot generally be verified by typical static or dynamic analysis.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus