OpenSSL compilation errors in Windows

Nagalakshmi V J nagalakshmi.j at altran.com
Tue Oct 1 05:41:46 UTC 2019

Hi Sergio,

We are using OpenSSL APIs in our product code. We are not making any changes in OpenSSL. Our product code is a C++ code and it makes use of openSSL APIs for some functionality.

This compilation error we are getting in Linux and windows platforms. But in Linux, we have a '-fpermissive' flag which is suppressing those errors as warnings and so compilation is getting successful.

The issue here is in Windows , we are not able to find alternative flag for -'fpermissive' in Visual studio and due to that compilation is unsuccessful. It would be helpful if anyone suggests some option to get the compilation successful.

Thanks and regards,
Nagalakshmi