Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Tue Oct 15 09:32:41 UTC 2019

On 15/10/2019 07:51, Naveen Shivanna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After adding 'enable-sctp' compile option, OpenSSL (DTLS) can work with
> SCTP as transport.
>
> OpenSSL bss_dgram.c file includes the kernel /netinet/sctp.h.
>
> We have our own custom SCTP implementation (also implements  custom BIO
> METHODS, do not use the default methods), so we need to remove the
> dependency of kernel sctp.h from bss_gram.c file. Our build environment
> do not have the sctp.h and we are not supposed to install lksctp-tools.
>
> Can we tailor the bss_gram.c with new compile macro or is there any
> other better solution ?

Hmm. There isn't really a "good" way to do this. I can think of two options:

1) Modify the OpenSSL source (perhaps in the way that you suggest with a
compile time macro)

or

2) Provide a "dummy" implementation of netinet/sctp.h. This would have
to provide "stub" implementations of any SCTP related functions/macros
used by bss_dgram.c. That would enable you to build unmodified OpenSSL
source.