openssl and external card reader support in TLS

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Wed Oct 23 14:51:29 UTC 2019

For OpenSSL 1, the Engine mechanism is the way to do this. If you're discontinuing your PKCS#11 interface, then I think the only option is to write a custom engine.

For OpenSSL 3, I understand there's a new Provider mechanism for this purpose, but I haven't investigated it.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus