AW: Test failed with openssl-1.1.1d ../test/recipes/20-test_enc.t

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Thu Sep 12 08:31:51 UTC 2019

> > I think this is a problem with the 20-test_enc.t Test and not with OPENSSL.
> >
> > Can you please help me to fix the Test ?
> >

> Did you enable zlib by any chance? If so it could be this:
>
> https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/9866
>
> No resolution as yet.
>
> Matt

If you need a quick workaround, you have two options:

- Don't use the 'zlib' option when configuring OpenSSL

- Revert the offending commit 8be96f2369. It is dispensible, because it only fixes
  a 'cosmetical' problem, namely that in certain situations you have to press
  CTRL-D in the console more often than expected in order to indicate EOF to the
  openssl application.

   https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/8be96f236969caabf303bec389a2f812b4869c1c

HTH,
Matthias