Linker errors when trying to build OpenSSL with MD2 and RC5 support

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Sat Sep 14 18:18:26 UTC 2019

Again, please don't send questions about OpenSSL directly to me. I am not a member of the OpenSSL Project.

Yes, and they're documented in the Configure options just like everything else.

You need to configure with "no-shared" to disable the building of shared libraries. You may want no-dynamic-engine to have engines linked statically rather than loaded at runtime, no-zlib-dynamic for the same reason, and no-dso to disable loading of objects at runtime (though I'm not sure this has any effect on Windows builds). I don't think no-pic has any effect on Windows.

I can't guess what options you actually might want because you STILL haven't told us what you're trying to do, and why.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus