AW: OpenSSL compilation errors in Windows

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Mon Sep 30 14:28:50 UTC 2019

> OpenSSL code is compiling without any issues. When it is used from our product code and while compiling using C++ compiler, the issue is seen.

As I wrote previously, the error you posted was caused  by the fact that you are compiling Ansi C (a.k.a ISO/IEC 9899:1990, a.k.a C90) source code
using a C++ compiler. While C permits a cast from ‘void *’ to ‘anytype *’, C++ doesn’t allow it without an explicit cast.

Only the *public* OpenSSL headers are guaranteed to be includable by a C++ compiler (they contain the necessary ` extern “C” ` blocks, etc.),
not the internal headers. Including *internal* headers is neither supported nor possible with a C++ compiler. And as Matt Caswell already told you,
there are no compatibility guarantees for those headers.

Matthias