CMS in openssl

Michael Mueller abaci.mjm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:08:58 UTC 2020

Greetings esteemed openssl users,

We've implemented what I gather can be called a CMS on Linux and Windows
using openssl evp functions.

We need to expand this CMS to other systems, on which we have not been able
to build openssl. These other systems have a vendor supplied security
application. This application supports PKCS7.

We are being asked if our evp CMS is interoperable with PKCS7.

If it is possible and more information is required to answer this question,
I'll provide such information.

If not, advice on how to present that argument to management would be
appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance
Mike