OpenSSL version 3.0.0-alpha1 published

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Apr 24 21:06:14 UTC 2020

Hello and Good Evening!

Matt Caswell wrote in
<94a03020-9f9e-cf31-c3e7-88fa4579b434 at openssl.org>:
 |On 24/04/2020 16:12, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |make: *** [Makefile:2801: build_sw] Error 2
 |>
 |> I have to go now, maybe this all goes away if i get myself the
 |> Test::Builder::TodoDiag perl module?
 |
 |I doubt it. This isn't code in the tests.

Ok, i have updated to git master as of ~30 minutes ago and
searched the net for that perl module, it is part of
Test-Simple-1.302175 which i extracted into external/perl, then
i did "echo Test-Simple-1.302175/lib >> MODULES.txt", updated my
openssl-blade: make rule to

  --prefix=$(MYPREFIX) \
    zlib-dynamic shared no-deprecated threads no-tests no-async
    -Wl,-rpath,'$(LIBRPATH)'

and with this compilation succeeds!
It is _incredibly_ fast!  Wow!

Well, i do not know.  I am on CRUX-Linux version 3.5, which is
less than a year old.  Crucial packages like libc and perl (and
i think these are all) are not updated in between releases, the
kernel is up to you, the rest is rolling.

 |Try adding this line with the other includes at at the top of the
 |providers/implementations/signature/dsa.c file:
 |
 |#include "internal/packet.h"
 |
 |I don't see it listed there already...I wonder why no one has got this
 |compilation error before now?

I tried that first, but it was a dead-end.

Thanks, ciao, and good luck! from Germany,

--steffen