OpenSSL version 3.0.0-alpha1 published

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Apr 25 21:06:13 UTC 2020

Hello once more.

OpenSSL wrote in
<20200423142936.GA24450 at openssl.org>:
 |   OpenSSL version 3.0 alpha 1 released

I do not understand one thing at the moment.  If i use
no-deprecated then the stack handling is not available:

  /*
   * If we're building OpenSSL, or we have no-deprecated configured,
   * then we don't define the inline functions (see |SKM_DEFINE_STACK_OF|,
   * above), we just declare the stack datatypes. Otherwise, for compatibility
   * and to not remove the API's, we define the functions.  We have the
   * trailing semicolon so that uses of this never need it.
   */
  #if defined(OPENSSL_BUILDING_OPENSSL) || defined(OPENSSL_NO_DEPRECATED_3_0)
  # define DEFINE_OR_DECLARE_STACK_OF(s) STACK_OF(s);

This of course results in all the stack things not being
available, for example

  /.../xtls.c:1444:20: warning: implicit declaration of function 'sk_X509_num'; did you mean 'X509_new'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
      for (i = 0; i < sk_X509_num(certs); ++i) {

How can i access stacks without those accessors?
Is this documented somewhere, i stopped searching for answers
anywhere else, which is why i write this.

Ciao and thank you,

--steffen