OpenSSL compliance with Linux distributions

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Tue Aug 18 04:10:36 UTC 2020

The key thing to do is to make those client applications not request the
ssl23-method from OpenSSL 0.9.x .
ssl23 explicitly requests this backward-compatibility feature while
OpenSSL 3.x.x apparently deleted the
ability to respond to this "historic" TLS hello format, which is also
sent by some not-that-old web browsers.

On 05/08/2020 22:19, Skip Carter wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> I am also supporting servers running very old Linux systems and I can
> tell you that YES you can upgrade from source. I have built
>    openssl-1.1.1 from source on such systems with no problems.
>
> On Wed, 2020-08-05 at 21:49 +0200, Patrick Mooc wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using an old version of OpenSSL (0.9.8g) on an old Linux Debian
>> distribution (Lenny).
>>
>> Is it possible to upgrade OpenSSL version without upgrading Linux
>> Debian
>> distribution ?
>> If yes, up to which version of OpenSSL ?
>>
>> Are all versions of OpenSSL compliant with all Linux Debian
>> distribution ?
>>

>> Thank you in advance for your answer.
>>
>> Best Regards,

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2860 Soborg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10