Goodbye

Jordan Brown openssl at jordan.maileater.net
Fri Jul 3 18:02:17 UTC 2020

On 7/3/2020 10:46 AM, Karl Denninger wrote:
> On 7/3/2020 13:45, Jordan Brown wrote:
>> On 7/3/2020 6:03 AM, Marc Roos wrote:
>>> Also hypocrite of Akamai, looking at the composition of the executive team.
>> I think it's pretty clear that Rich was speaking as himself, not as a
>> representative of Akamai.
>
> Sorry, that's not how it works.
>
> You post and reference a corporate email address, which he did, /you
> just took the action under the banner of the company./
>
> Akamai is entirely _*and justifiably*_ exposed to being "canceled" on
> that basis.

I don't think that debating that question will be helpful, so I won't.

Perhaps I should be absolutely clear:  When I say "I think ...", I am
expressing my personal opinion and not the opinion of my employer,
Oracle.  I disclose my employer in my signature so as to be totally
transparent, not to serve as a spokesperson for the company.

(And if anybody is curious, I use one of my personal throw-away
addresses so that my work address doesn't get harvested for spam.  If
for some reason you'd like verification of my employment, send me e-mail
privately and I'll reply from the work address.)

--
Jordan Brown, Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance, Oracle Solaris