Goodbye

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Sat Jul 4 05:41:24 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 03, 2020 at 05:45:22PM +0000, Jordan Brown wrote:
> On 7/3/2020 6:03 AM, Marc Roos wrote:
> > Also hypocrite of Akamai, looking at the composition of the executive team.
>
> I think it's pretty clear that Rich was speaking as himself, not as a
> representative of Akamai.

Hi Jordan,

It's pretty clear that Rich was insinuating that the OMC are a bunch of
racists, and that they should be canceled.  He didn't _say_ it, but
strongly implied it, or at least that was the message received by some.
It's fair to suppose it was the intended message.  And Rich specifically
referred to his employer, not in his signature as you refer to yours,
but in the text of his post.  No, Rich did not say his words and actions
represent Akamai, but still, he referred to Akamai specifically.  More
about this below.

The OMC is staffed by real people, with real families, and the
disagreement here did not rise to the point where one should dox the OMC
members and imply that their employers should terminate their
employment.  They do not deserve what Rich implies.  I know one of them
well, one who voted against Rich's PR, and I assure you he's no racist.

Rich didn't care to be polite.  No!  He meant to _provoke_, and not just
replies like Marc's, but actual action against the OMC's members.  I
won't call out Akamai on account of Rich's behavior because I don't want
to do what he did, but I don't blame anyone else for doing it -- Rich
made it fair game by doing it first.  But we must call out behavior like
Rich's -- it's simply not acceptable.

Nico