Goodbye

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jul 4 15:35:33 UTC 2020

Likewise.  Thank you, Rich!

When this issue came up in Buildbot 5 years ago, there was a fair bit of...
discussion, see
http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2340
The resolution back then was to rename 'slave' to 'worker', which was a LOT
of
work, and seemed to satisfy everybody at the time.
It came up again recently, see
https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/5382
and they're now looking at whether and how to address the word 'master'.

Not having noticed this discussion in openssl until today, here's my two
cents as an openssl user:
I think an incremental approach is fine, clean up the most offensive word
or two
first, and then see where things land.  And if it can't start immediately,
that's
ok, it took buildbot a while to come up with the needed consensus and
elbow grease.
- Dan