Goodbye

Donald R Laster Jr don_sfw at dlaster.com
Sat Jul 4 17:45:08 UTC 2020

Having just noticed the last 4 or 5 emails related to this thread I have to say this is classic political correctness garbage.
   Don

Dan Kegel wrote on 07/04/2020 11:35 AM:
> Likewise.  Thank you, Rich!
>
> When this issue came up in Buildbot 5 years ago, there was a fair bit of... discussion, see
> http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2340
> The resolution back then was to rename 'slave' to 'worker', which was a LOT of
> work, and seemed to satisfy everybody at the time.
> It came up again recently, see
> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/5382
> and they're now looking at whether and how to address the word 'master'.
>
> Not having noticed this discussion in openssl until today, here's my two cents as an openssl user:
> I think an incremental approach is fine, clean up the most offensive word or two
> first, and then see where things land.  And if it can't start immediately, that's
> ok, it took buildbot a while to come up with the needed consensus and
> elbow grease.
> - Dan
>

> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 11:10 PM Eliot Lear <lear at ofcourseimright.com <mailto:lear at ofcourseimright.com>> wrote:
>
>     Can we please put the knives a way?  Rich has given a lot to this
>     community.  As an openssl user, I'd rather the conversation moved along.

Donald R. Laster Jr.
25 Heidl Ave
West Long Branch, NJ 07764

Email : laster at dlaster.com
         donaldrlasterjr at gmail.com (Cell)

Phone : (732) 263-9235         (Home Evening)
         (732) 263-9236         (Home Office)
         (732) 539-5658         (Cell)
         (732) 263-9280         (Fax)