Compiling OpenSSL shared libraries with custom name on Unix platforms

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Tue Jul 14 15:56:20 UTC 2020

The right way to fix this, of course, is to fix your application so it works with a current, supported OpenSSL version.

Failing that, it would be best to link OpenSSL statically into your application. Then you don't have to worry about shared object location, and no one else will be using your outdated OpenSSL.

--
Michael Wojcik