Compiling OpenSSL shared libraries with custom name on Unix platforms

shivaramakrishna chakravarthula shivaramakrishna.ch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:58:38 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have compatibility issues for my application with new versions of OpenSSL
and I want to use the older version of OpenSSL with my application. So, I
want to link my application with an OpenSSL library built with the custom
name so that it works fine on all systems and I can be assured of using the
desired OpenSSL version. I am using RPATH to locate the libraries in
runtime and I want to make sure my libraries don't conflict with existing
libraries.

Thanks,
Shiva