Error building OpenSSL-1.1.1g

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Thu Jun 25 17:32:23 UTC 2020

It's part of Visual C. The VC-WIN64A-masm configuration (Configurations/50-masm.conf) specifies it as the assembler.

> Building with Visual Studio  2019 Community

Maybe VS2019 Community doesn't include the assembler? I haven't looked. Or maybe it's part of some optional component?

In VS2017 Professional, which is what I have configured at the moment on this machine, it's in .../VC/Tools/MSVC/14.16.27023/bin/HostX86/x64, thanks to VS's gratuitously complicated directory layout.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus