Problems porting Openssl 1.1.1d to zos.

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Mon Mar 9 16:39:05 UTC 2020

It's been years since I compiled C programs on z, but CEE.SCEEBND2 is the C library dataset (for AMODE 64), so it looks like the message is simply saying that it's not cataloged. That would appear to be a site-specific installation issue with the C compiler.

See for example this topic from the IBM docs:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ceeam00/cllexx.htm

in which the JCL includes a straightforward DD card for CEE.SCEEBND2. It appears IBM expects that in a normal installation of the C compiler, that dataset will be in the catalog.

That said, the specific location of the SCEEBND2 dataset appears to be a convention. The text of that topic goes on to say: "The Language Environment resident routines are contained in the SCEEBND2 library; the data set name could be CEE.SCEEBND2. If you are unsure where SCEEBND2 has been installed at your location, contact your system administrator."

So, I suggest contacting your system administrator and asking where SCEEBND2 is. Or you could try searching the catalog for it using the appropriate ISPF or TSO commands.