New inlcudes needed for OpenSSL V1.1.1 sockets

Balázs Horváth balazs.horvath.email at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:00:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

in out project we compile OpenSSL V1.0.2p for MIPS and Linux under Linux.
For MIPS we use GCC, and we use sockets for both MIPS and Linux.
Now we want to upgrade to 1.1.1d, and want to use sockets, but MIPS fails,
because it needs extra includes from the socket parts of OpenSSL. Following
extra includes are needed:

arpa/inet.h

netinet/tcp.h

netinet/in.h

strings.h

netdb.h

sys/socket.h

sys/ioctl.h

sys/un.h

For Linux the includes under /usr/include work, but for MIPS they
give compile errors.

What should we use for MIPS?
Should we adjust the headers for MIPS or the OpenSSL sources? Why are these
headers needed in the new version, if they were not in the old one?

Thanks,
Balazs