New inlcudes needed for OpenSSL V1.1.1 sockets

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Mon Mar 30 18:17:06 UTC 2020

From: openssl-users <openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org> on behalf of Balázs Horváth <balazs.horvath.email at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 10:00

> Following extra includes are needed:
> arpa/inet.h
> netinet/tcp.h
> netinet/in.h
> strings.h
> netdb.h
> sys/socket.h
> sys/ioctl.h
> sys/un.h

These are system headers, not OpenSSL headers. OpenSSL has no control over them.

> For Linux the includes under /usr/include work, but for MIPS they give compile errors.

Then you're using the wrong headers for the MIPS compilation. To be honest, it's not clear to me what you're doing, because Linux is an operating system (or more precisely a kernel), and MIPS is a processor family.

> What should we use for MIPS?

This is not an OpenSSL question. It's a cross-compilation question (I think, since I'm not sure what you're actually trying to do), and so depends on your cross-compilation toolchain.