openssl ocsp(responder) cmd is giving error for ipv6

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Tue Nov 3 15:09:10 UTC 2020

A quick look at the code suggests this is a bug in OpenSSL. OCSP_parse_url removes the square brackets from a literal IPv6 address in the URL, but BIO_parse_hostserv requires they be present. But I didn't look closely, so I'm not entirely sure that's the issue.

> IPv6 address without the "[]" bracket.

The square brackets are required by the URL specification. There's no point testing without them.

--
Michael Wojcik