Are -DOPENSSLDIR -DENGINESDIR hard coded ?

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Sep 23 12:43:15 UTC 2020

Dennis Clarke via openssl-users <openssl-users at openssl.org> wrote:

    > I have been trying to build a debug version with no-asm into a /opt/foo
    > directory but I always see :

    > -DOPENSSLDIR="\"/usr/local/ssl\""
    > and
    > -DENGINESDIR="\"/usr/local/lib/engines-1.1\""

    > during the compile.
    > Are these hard coded in somewhere ?

No, but show us your ./Configure line.
I regularly build into other directories.

For instance:
  ./Configure --prefix=/sandel/3rd/openssl-dtls-api linux-x86_64

Or:
  ./Configure --prefix=/usr --openssldir=/usr/lib/ssl
    --libdir=lib/linux-x86_64 no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-zlib no-ssl3
      enable-unit-test linux-x86_64
{from a Dockerfile where I want to replace the system copy}