Are -DOPENSSLDIR -DENGINESDIR hard coded ?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Wed Sep 23 20:03:38 UTC 2020

> No, but show us your ./Configure line.
> I regularly build into other directories.
>
> For instance:
>   ./Configure --prefix=/sandel/3rd/openssl-dtls-api linux-x86_64

Thank you for the reply. I did go looking into the resultant Makefile
and there I did see that the "--prefix=/opt/foo" is needed in order to
target a new destination directory.  So that problem is solved.

However my compile fails *everywhere* today on a multitude of systems
from Debian sid on amd64 to FreeBSD UNIX on amd64 and Debian on ppc64le
and ppc64 big-endian.  So I know I am doing something abundantly wrong.

Dennis