Getting error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Thu Aug 19 04:37:37 UTC 2021

> On 19 Aug 2021, at 12:11 am, Jayalakshmi bhat <bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We are trying to integrate OpenSSL 1.1.1i on our device that runs on the ARM platform. Device boots to ready
> state with OpenSSL 1.1.1i. However when we try to access the device EWS, we are getting  below error
>
> error:0B080074:x509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch
>
> We have confirmed that there are no issues with certificate and private key by checking the certificate key hashes.
>
> Have any one encountered this issue when certificate and private key are properly installed.

Clearly OpenSSL does not agree that the certificate and key are
matched.  This is of course not a common problem, so you'll have
to figure out what's special about your situation.

Most likely you're mistaken, and the X509_check_private_key() function
is called in a context in which the most recently loaded certificate
does not match the most recently loaded key.

--
	Viktor.