Need some help signing a certificate request

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Mon Aug 23 13:18:28 UTC 2021

Yes, I know that. I use bash on Windows as my default shell. I meant I have no idea whether \\ would work in an OpenSSL configuration file on Windows. Windows APIs such as CreateFile normally tolerate extraneous backslashes, but I haven't tested them in OpenSSL configuration files.

> \\ where neither is an escape (so \\\\ in the above shell situation) is
> also used in native Windows programs to access a hypothetical root that
> is above the real file system roots, typically the syntax is
> "\\machine\share\ordinary\path", where:

I'm well aware of that too. And of the use of \\?\ as a prefix for CreateFileW et alia to enable long paths. That's not relevant in this case, since OP was talking about path separators, not prefixes.

--
Michael Wojcik