Version compatibility issues - Re: openssl development work / paid

David von Oheimb dev at ddvo.net
Fri Mar 26 07:46:14 UTC 2021

Embedded Devel,

my sympathy - I know this can be painful and frustrating.

>From which old OpenSSL version to which target version do you need to
get the code updated?
And as info to whoever may be considering picking up this task: which is
your timeline for that?

Within OpenSSL we are currently discussing how to handle version
compatibility issues
with the upcoming version 3.0 at
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/14628.

Can you give some concrete typical examples which exact issues you are
facing?

    David