Why can't we get a proper installation method to keep OpenSSL at the latest revision for Linux?

Michael McKenney mike.mckenney at scsiraidguru.com
Sun May 30 12:05:50 UTC 2021

Why can't we get a proper installation method to keep OpenSSL at the latest revision for Linux?

My biggest compliant with Linux is it is so difficult to get best practice installations for services like OpenSSL.   Ubuntu is still on 1.1.1f.    I have been trying to upgrade to 1.1.1k.   Openssl version -a states I am on 1.1.1k.   When programs in Wordpress that use OpenSSL show I am using 1.1.1.f.   Spending hours of time on various sites like AskUbuntu.com, only to be disappointed.   Microsoft has best practices guides for installations.   Why can't we get them for Linux.

Michael A. McKenney
mike.mckenney at scsiraidguru.com<mailto:mike.mckenney at scsiraidguru.com>
https://wp.scsiraidguru.com