Why can't we get a proper installation method to keep OpenSSL at the latest revision for Linux?

d0 public at enkore.de
Mon May 31 08:26:51 UTC 2021

Ubuntu isn't on 1.1.1f. 20.04 is on 1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.4, 20.10 is on
1.1.1f-1ubuntu4.4 and 21.04 is on 1.1.1j-1ubuntu3.1.

The "1ubuntuX.Y" bits mean that there are additional patches on top of the
vanilla 1.1.1f release in there. Likely backports of security patches. For
details, Ubuntu has a package changelog.

Cheers, Marian