useless search box on openssl.org

Jordan Brown openssl at jordan.maileater.net
Mon Nov 22 04:13:48 UTC 2021

On 11/18/2021 2:31 PM, Dr Paul Dale wrote:
> Apart from keeping dross around from old unsupported versions, I don't
> think there is much the project can do about this unfortunately.

Unfortunately, people often feel the need to continue using a particular
version of a piece of software long after its authors thought it dead.
It would be nice to keep old documentation around for them, since the
cost is low.

Also, if one is trying to update a piece of existing software to use a
new version of the library, it may sometimes be necessary to look at old
documentation to see how the old version worked, so as to understand the
software and work out how it should work with the new library.

--
Jordan Brown, Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance, Oracle Solaris