Source compilation of OpenSSL 3.0

~ Kunal Sharma ~ koolkunal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:32:39 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I have the need for compiling version 3.0 source code which I have
downloaded and compiling on a Centos 7 system and I'm able to compile just
fine.

For using it, however, I need to install it on another Centos 7 machine
which does not have the compiler tools and required toolchain. So, I cannot
run "make install" there.

I need help with doing this install. How can I compile on one system and
install on another one without using "make install" on the target?

I'm trying to locate a complete log of the "make install" on a Centos
system to be able to figure out what all is being installed and how, so I
can try to do it manually myself on my target system.

Can someone pls help me with some pointers?

Thanks,
Kunal Sharma