Source compilation of OpenSSL 3.0

Kory Hamzeh kory at avatarci.com
Wed Mar 16 16:15:14 UTC 2022

On your build machine, create a staging directory, for example:

mkdir /tmp/staging

Then run make install like this:

make DESTDIR=/tmp/staging install

Then copy the files in /tmp/staging to your other machine. Note that you  will have to copy the files relative to your —prefix and —openssldir directories you specified when you ran the Configure script.