openssl 3.0 fips provider and low level APIs

Tomas Mraz tomas at openssl.org
Tue May 3 16:08:00 UTC 2022

All the providers can use the low-level APIs internally to implement
crypto algorithms. The FIPS provider however includes all the low level
implementations as a separately built and statically linked code.

That means you cannot use the low-level calls in an application and
still be FIPS compliant as the low-level API calls called from an
application are implemented by the libcrypto library and not the FIPS
provider.

Tomas Mraz, OpenSSL

--
Tomáš Mráz, OpenSSL