openssl 3.0 fips provider and low level APIs

Joy Latten jmlatten at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:12:48 UTC 2022

Hi,
I understand that low-level APIs have been deprecated in version 3. I have
been playing some with the fips provider trying to understand the config
options to use with it. I noticed that the fips provider source code
includes a few low level APIs like SHA256_Init().
Is it correct to conclude that although use of the low level APIs are
deprecated, perhaps for a grace period for transitioning they are permitted
in the fips provider?

Thanks for all help!
regards,
Joy