How to get NID value of a custom provider

Hareesh Das Ulleri hareesh.ulleri at ovt.com
Mon Apr 3 01:45:30 UTC 2023

Dear OpenSSL users,

  I am reposting my previous mail with what exactly my intention since it older post might be confused.

  I have my custom provider which support for HSM encryption on AES, DES. When an application uses the custom provider, it has to pass the respective cryption mode to driver.

  Can someone tell me how the custom provider get the nid value (or the cryption mode) from OpenSSL library (pls correct me if this is not the correct way !) ? Any hint is highly appreciated.

I tried below way, not sure correct way or not...but not successful.

  const EVP_CIPHER * evp = EVP_CIPHER_CTX_get0_cipher(custom_provider_ctx);
  int mode = EVP_CIPHER_get_nid(evp);

Thanks,
Hareesh