[External] Re: Nay

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Jan 27 22:00:42 UTC 2023

Bhargava, Shweta (CSW) wrote in
 <SN6PR07MB79650AE86A75377CB1103220E8CC9 at SN6PR07MB7965.namprd07.prod.outl\
 ook.com>:
 |Thanks for your informative response but as per my analysis decryption \

This ashames me.

 |of video is failing at EVP_DecryptFinal api. Is there any api which \
 |can be used. Also, hmac apis are depreciated, do I need to replace \
 |any apis for hmac. Please provide the solution for this.

But i wish you good faith and luck getting around all portability
glitches!!  (I still hm admire the author of the lighttpd web
server, who then suddenly came around with support for mbedtls,
wolfsslm, nss, gnutls, and nettle, in addition to openssl (for
message digests etcs).  And several for TLS.  And Boring and Re,
including OCSP stapling.  ... This will not help you.)

...P.P.S.
Regarding the thread itself i for myself have in the meantime
rewritten everything to use only _fetch() for OpenSSL 3.0.
The EVP_MD_CTX_ code was in fact what postfix uses, it needs to
return the constant EVP_MD* to work with.  I had the luck that
i have a shallow call tree where the additional "free this
pointer" was easily integrable.  (Some PKCS7 and X509 functions
want the plain EVP_MD/EVP_CIPHER, not CTX.  .. This is easy.)

Ciao and greetings.

--steffen