OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Mon Mar 20 11:54:55 UTC 2023

On 20 Mar 2023, at 08:04, Tomas Mraz <tomas at openssl.org> wrote:
> No, the decision is not made. And the feedback from this mailing list

Also participating in communities that have made this move; or were `born' in the land of github -- this would not be a change I would make lightly.

While the github tools are good for supporting an (individual) developer to get their stuff done; I am not so convinced that it helps a community build software collectively. And it appears to be even worse at creating a welcoming community with a collective voice in the first place.

With kind regards,

Dw