How to use openssl

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Thu May 18 16:24:53 UTC 2023

Robert's questions in his reply are pertinent – "communicates ... using Winsock" could mean a number of things.

But that aside: do you have a requirement to use OpenSSL? Windows includes its own TLS implementation, Microsoft's Schannel, and if you only need to support Windows that is, frankly, probably an easier route. OpenSSL has various advantages, such as portability and flexibility, but if all you need is normal TLS support for Windows only, Schannel will give you a somewhat simpler API (even simpler if you were using .NET) and integration with Windows PKI, which is often more convenient for Windows customers.

It would help to know more about what actual problem you're trying to solve, rather than what technology you think you should use to solve it.

--
Michael Wojcik