How to use openssl

Don Payette payettedon at gmail.com
Wed May 24 16:42:24 UTC 2023

Thanks, Michael,  I will check out SChannel.
Right now I'm attempting to compile sslecho using Microsoft Visual C++.
It's giving me an error which I can't figure out.
I'm guessing that this is because it's C++ instead of C.

int create_socket ()
{
    int s;
    int optval = 1;

    s = socket (AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, 0);
    if (s < 0) {
        perror("Unable to create socket");
        exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
    }

    return s;
}

    int client_skt = -1;

    /* Create "bare" socket */
    client_skt = create_socket;

Error (active) E0513 a value of type "int (*)()" cannot be assigned to an
entity of type "int" OpenSSL-Demo  line 152

Error C2440 '=': cannot convert from 'int (__cdecl *)(void)' to 'int'
OpenSSL-Demo C:\Users\PapaDon\source\repos\OpenSSL-Demo\OpenSSL-Demo.cpp
152

Don Payette
(cell) 479-216-6320 <(479)%20216-6320>