[openssl-dev] Add a new algorithm in "crypto" dir, how to add the source code into the build system

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Dec 22 21:53:35 UTC 2016

In message <e6400041-6133-8b74-2ff9-043ec6dcbfab at gmail.com> on Thu, 22 Dec 2016 13:33:16 -0800, Joey Yandle <xoloki at gmail.com> said:

xoloki> > May I suggest you have a look at the GOST engine?  It does implement
xoloki> > the algorithm entirely in the engine.  The only things added in the
xoloki> > OpenSSL code are the OIDs (not strictly necessary) and the TLS
xoloki> > ciphersuites (I don't think that can be done dynamically at all, at
xoloki> > least yet).
xoloki>
xoloki> How are the OIDs not necessary?  What about the NIDs?

It's not stricly necessary to add them statically in the libcrypto
code.  They can be added dynamically by the engine by calling
OBJ_create() with the correct arguments.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org